Applicants should submit:
All application materials and letters of reference should be addressed to the search committee chair:
Name: Linda Markley
Review of applications will begin: April 15, 2107
Position start date: Immediate
FFLA Executive Director Detailed Job Description
-Ensure continuity of FFLA’s mission and vision advocating for world languages
-Dedicate sufficient time and energies to the duties outlined below as Executive Director
-Conduct her/himself in a professional manner representing FFLA
-Acting at all times in the best interest of FFLA in in accordance with policies and procedures.
-Execute the policies and goals established by the (Executive) Board
1) Maintain the permanent official records of all FFLA business and proceedings to be passed on to future executive directors
2) Sign all fiscal papers and official FFLA documents
3) Attend board meetings
4) Work with board members to be sure they fulfill their duties
5) Maintain an FFLA calendar and plan for all FFLA award competitions, programs, and activities by the established deadlines (in collaboration with Awards Chair).
6) Provide all necessary materials to new Board members (P & P, job descriptions, etc.)
7) Coordinate communications with members about FFLA activities
8) Negotiate with hotels to obtain the most beneficial terms and arrangements for the annual conference.
9) Coordinate and delegate communications for arrangements for exhibits for the annual conference.
10) Coordinate with the president and the board in the preparation of the program for the annual conference.
11) Coordinate publicity of the annual conference with the help of board members
12) Work with accountant/treasurer to maintain permanent fiscal records, communicate the financial and fiscal status of FFLA to board and members throughout the year